Inspect to avoid headaches later
A professional home inspection can help buyers avoid buying someone else’s problems, and for sellers the home inspection can help them eliminate potential defects that could turn off a prospective buyer ... more
Sellers inspect before they list
Stay Ahead of the Game
A pre-listing inspection allows the seller to stay a step ahead. There are three major benefits for the seller to get his or her own inspection ... more
Think maintenance costs
"Quite often when we inspect homes, many of the damages we find would have been preventable with some routine monitoring and smaller repairs. But left unchecked, minor concerns grew into more significant defects ... more
Inspect foreclosures before buying
Foreclosure homes are usually “as-is” sales. This means that buyers cannot negotiate for the cost of needed repairs, as they may do in a traditional home purchase. Buyers must absorb repair costs themselves and consider this in their purchase offer at auction ... more
Home maintenance check list
Every house is different, but there are some common elements every homeowner can include on a regular maintenance lis ... more
Check your home owner IQ 1
1. Which cut lumber is thicker: a 2-inch by 4-inch board or a 2-inch by 6-inch board?
2. Which is thinner: a termite’s waist or a flying ant’s waist?
3. Which is colder: 30 degrees Celsius or 30 degrees Centigrade? ... more
Check your home owner IQ 2
True or False?
1. Gutters should be hung as level as possible.
2. Flat roofs are more prone to leakage than other roofs.
3. When purchasing an A/C system, a larger capacity than required is advisable.
4. Grout and caulk are pretty much interchangeable when used in a bathroom ... more
Homes for saledirectory of 4000 NJ property for sale listings See pictures and descriptions of homes listed on the NJMLS New Jersey Multiple Listing System